Sunday, August 12, 2007

Singapore National Day Dinner

It's Singapore's 42nd birthday last Saturday!!! For all you non-singaporeans, Singapore National day falls on 11 August~!! It is when they split up with Malaysia and be independent. Some of you may not know where Singapore is so below I have provided you a map of where Singapore is located.


Haha. Click to enlarge. xD

The Singapore Club in uni have organized a dinner for Singapore Day. They invited the Infinite Flame dancers to dance as one of the programs for the night. The Czone dance group are called Infinite Flame if you guys didn't know.


The Infinite Flamers. Rock on!


As we are performing for the Singapore National Day dinner, I expected we get free tickets but discounts are still ok. XD The dinner is held at Chinatown Seafood Restaurant. We went there in the afternoon to have some practice. We wanted to get used to the place we are performing so we can dance better that way. We even helped decorate the place by blowing up balloons. And I mean blow it up. The balloons kept popping like mad for some odd reason so we lost a good deal of balloons. Damn those cheap balloons. Sharon was there too. I was shocked to see her there. Rofl.


Our ticket is between Member and below 12 yr's price.


The dinner has a formal/semi-formal dresscode. Everyone's confused how formal we should wear. I'm definitely not going to rent a suit for the dinner so i opted the semi-formal dresscode. To compensate for it I STYLED MY HAIR. It's very rare for me to do that because when you style your hair, you have to use wax or gel or something. It'll make ur hair sticky and I hate that feeling therefore I don't style it often.>.<>
Ryan Cabrera dudes. It isn't that thick actually.

We were actually late for the dinner but we were fortunate enough have 3 seats left in a table. I was hoping for the all the dancers to sit in one table but oh well. Gracey/Gracie/Grace was bored in her table or something and came over to sit with us. We were talking so much crap and took lots of stupid photos. We fooled around a lot. We wanted to check our hair so we video it because it'll show you how your hair looks like when you're moving. Ahhhhh... Fun times... Fun times... And that just happened a few days ago. -_-"


He looks like Popeye.






Vince's tie~!


Like all dinners with specific purpose, it starts out with some important people giving speeches. Practically nobody listens to speeches except some old people. We just kept eating the appetizers which are sour vegetables and peanuts. I wish they can give better appetizers. Something like pork ribs or something. THAT would be a good appetizer. ^_^ After the boring speech which nobody was listening, we sang Singapore and New Zealand's national anthem. Apparently some of the singaporeans also sing the national anthem wrongly for so many years. You know who you are. -_-" Then comes the IMPORTANT part of the dinner, FOOD. It's a 10 course meal so it rocks! But only a few are nice so it didn't rock that much. I didn't take any photos of the food because I'll look retarded or something if I took photos of the food while sitting with a bunch of people whom I do not know. After a while, we had to change into our costumes because we had to dance soon after the lucky draw. Below is an example of the costume.



Magnifito!!

Just kidding~~ No way are we going to change into something like that. We gotta wear baggy pants and green or white shirt. It's to look more hip hop. Hippidy hop hop dudes. No bling bling though. When we finished changing, the lucky draw was still on. I hate lucky draws. I never won anything in my life in lucky draws. 3 person in my table won something. How lucky. -_-" Gracey/Gracie/Grace won a voucher to a restaurant but she traded it with another person who won a scooter. Poor sap, he got tricked into exchanging gifts.


Smile till so cheeky.






Then it was time for our dance. This performance was the most fun of all. Everyone was screaming and cheering, a whole different atmosphere then the previous performances. There were a lot of mistakes but I didn't really care because it was fun. Haha. I've ask someone to video it for your viewing. xD






After our dance, we change back to our original clothes and there was another dance going on. BELLY DANCING. Bellies were dancing all over the place. The scene was traumatizing. Can you imagine that?? BELLIES DANCING. Ok, it was just a girl belly dancing as part of the entertainment for the night. They even pass leaflets to every table about the belly dancing lessons. It was ok I guess, the guys were like looking at the girl belly dancing with great determination and with their mouths open. I bet they want to learn how to belly dance so they were concentrating real hard. She danced to 2 songs so I had to hold my camera up for 6 minutes. The pain... the horror....

Edit: No videos yet. Forgot to rotate before uploading into youtube.

After that is back to the main event, FOOD. After a few dishes, we got bored and we went around taking photos. Took a group photos of the Infinite Flamers, with the cake, and all sorts of stuff. We even took a video of Merlvyn saying sorry to the camera. Wahahaha. But I wont upload that for the fear of repercussions. He learn tae-kwan-do so he can kick my ass thoroughly if he wanted to. And he's "flexible".


The Singapore National cake....











Just kidding, this is the cake.


Must pose with cake.


2 of our beautiful dancers. Er... 1 cute one.


Our dance instructor and my cellgroup leader!!! Evlyn!! Woot woot~!





Vince: You're so strong... Gracey/Gracie/Grace: I know.








She is blur in most photos. -_-"""""





When she's not blur, other people are.


My clothes look way better than that in real life.


We decided to kill her for being retarded.


Even my cellgroup leader won a lucky draw prize!! T_T


Then there was an auction. All the money gained will be donated to the Singapore Club and boy should the president be happy. There were air tickets being auctioned, some Maori traditional thing, wines and some others. The Maori traditional thing was auctioned off at NZ$400!!! The starting bid was NZ$30 I think. After it was auctioned off, the uncle returned it back to them to be auctioned again. He still has to pay NZ$400 though. His friend bought it at NZ$399. The president must be smiling like mad that time. Half of the time the table next to the uncles were cheering them on to bid higher and the uncles were a little bit drunk I guess so they simply raised their hands to bid. I don't think their wives are going to be happy with them when they go home.


The dinner ended with a final lucky draw which is A TICKET PLUS RETURN TO SINGAPORE. How sweet is that. UNFORTUNATELY, I didn't get it. Could've sold it man. >.<>
New Brighton's clock tower.





The scene where the tire died.

Been so long since I attended something formal. Overall it was a fun night I guess. Dance dance~~ Feel like dancing~~ Wahahaha. xD



P.S. I screwed up so.... the post is weird. I did it twice so I don't care anymore.
P.S.S. The website I use for hosting photos changed. The photos look blur. You gotta click them to see a clear one.

No comments: