Monday, June 25, 2007

Task 2

This is Task 2 for the Blog Assignment. 100 words for each post. =] Guess I'm way over the word count.

I came to New Zealand 4 months ago. I didn't think much about it actually. My father suddenly told me that he applied me into the University of Canterbury. My brother was already here so I guess it's better like that. He can help me adapt to the new environment. I didn't nag nor complain about coming to New Zealand since I'm a happy-go-lucky guy. But before coming to New Zealand I did do some research about the country. The brochures seem to describe New Zealand as a wonderful place but I have my doubts. Having been in the photography world for quite some time, photos can be deceiving. VERY deceiving. Luckily I was wrong. New Zealand is indeed a wonderful place. A wee bit cold though. My family was happy that I am going to New Zealand to study. They see it as me accepting a new life and learn the ways of being independent.

Raven Agency is one of the education agencies in my hometown. They offered me their services on applying for the university and locating a homestay for me. Raven Agency helped my brother before and their services was satisfactory. They helped me do a lot of the paper work and contacting the necessary people to ensure there are no problems. All I had to do was sign and do a medical check up.

I've considered other places to study with the consultation of Raven Agency. I've considered Trinity College in Australia which will help me gain access to University of Melbourne. I've considered studying in UK in Manchester. I've considered the high schools in New Zealand such as Burnside High School, Riccarton High School, St Thomas High School and others. In the end my dad just ask me to go to University of Canterbury. I guess I'm ok with it.

I've been studying here for 3-4 months and all seems well. Got to know some friends in Burnside and Riccarton. Comparing the workload and stress, foundation is a LOT easier. Good thing I chose foundation over NCEA. xD

No comments: