Friday, July 27, 2007

Rock Climbing RoX My SoX Off

Recently I joined a rock climbing session. Let me tell you, it was.... AWESOME. I love it!!! Unfortunately i didn't take much photos of the rock climbing thing. Darn. I really should take more photos so I don't have to write so much. A picture says a thousand words. Maybe we can draw a picture in our essay, and our 1000 words can be filled easily. I can't believe how smart I am. Hang Sem, you're never better than me. MUAHAHAHAHHAA.

Back to rock climbing. The lesson start with strapping ourselves into... erm... I forgot what it's called. I shall name it, "body-strapper". That sounds weird, let's change it to "the thing". Anyways, we learned how to strap on the thing properly so that it isn't lose. It is important to make sure it's not too loose as it is dangerous if it's loose. Took us quite long before we are all set to go to the next step.




After strapping us into the thing, we learned how to tie a few knots. 1 of them is a figure of 8. We had to do tie double figure of 8 to make sure it's real tight. Then we have to tie another knot to it so that it ends the rope. I forgot what the other knot was... Yes, I forgot things easily ok. -_-" But at least I remember how to tie it.


This is how you tie a figure of 8

Then it was time to learn how to support your teammate. In case the climber falls, you can lock the harness and stop him from falling. Do it wrong and you partner comes flying down and you go flying up. It'll be a bit... tight in the bottom area if that happens. You'll get what I mean.


The instructor is pretty cute actually.





After a long preparation session, we get to climb!!! If you guys never climbed before, you guys should really try it!! It's adrenaline pumping. Every step must be planned, especially the walls with only trickier rocks placements. Word of advice, never use running shoes when wall climbing. The base of the shoe is a lot wider than normal ones thus making it hard to step on the small rocks. The higher you climb, the faster the adrenaline pumps. Pulling yourself up, kicking the rock to go higher, it is just AWESOME. After you reach the top, you'll have to come down. Whatever goes up must come down. We have to let go of the rock and trust our partner. If he screws up, you're pretty much gonna get hurt or just feel some sort of pain in the crotch. Let the photos do the talking. Too lazy to write anymore. ^_^








Now my turn to climb!!! Note that I wearing 2 pants that day. So my leg is not that fat. I'm not kidding. -_-"""


Nice shoes right~


Reached the top!!


Going down~~



Someone took this picture. Looks nice.


This wraps up my rock climbing post. The Revolution post will come when I have less distractions when I am blogging. We danced on stage for the 1st time!!! Expect it to come soon~!! I will update more often from now on. The small posts with little things. Not like this posts. At least there's something new to read when you come to my blog right? xD

3 comments:

sky1689 said...

hey Matthew!! I think I am meant to be putting a comment on anyone's blog so I chose you!! Thank goodness there's no pictures of me in your blog. Thank you! I regret being sick on the second week of rock climbing!! =(

Kelly said...

Hey!! looks nice! :) did u enjoy it?!!!!!! good!> <

Matthew Yii said...

haha. there weren't much pictures taken anyway. Kelly~!! it was fun~!! you should try it too~ xD